I forgot my password

Common 2 Play Green Lantern???

Go down

Do you think that Common will star in the Green Lantern movie?

100% 100% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Common 2 Play Green Lantern???

Post by DivaBleu on January 17th 2008, 8:45 pm

January 5th, 2008 | Author: Jake Paine

After strong roles and critical acclaim in 2007's Smokin' Aces and American Gangster, veteran Chicago rapper Common is furthering his big screen merits in 2008 and beyond.

After initial rumors that Common was in consideration for the role of Green Lantern in the comic book-inspired film, rumors circulated this week that the 35 year-old had signed paperwork to proceed with production. G.O.O.D. Music representatives were not available for comment.

Common will also appear in Wanted and The Night Watchmen, two films, presently in post-production, are scheduled for release this year.

The rapper has also recently agreed to become a spokesperson for The Ford Motor Company, advertising the Lincoln Navigator alongside airing his single "I Want You" in commercials airing starting this week.
DivaBleu
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 73
About Me: : YES!!!! I am your FAVORITE internet radio host... AND THEY GAVE ME A MESSAGE BOARD!!! ZOIKS!!!
Registration date : 2008-01-13

http://www.wwtf-world.info

Back to top Go down

Re: Common 2 Play Green Lantern???

Post by Black J Brown on January 24th 2008, 12:46 pm

HeY I can't be mad at Common, he is a true emcee that has been putting out Lp's since 92 or 93 I think he has gotten his act together(no Pun Intended) for the movie screen as well as the music scene. Now being a border line Justice League fan( I'm more of a Batman Fanatic )I think that this is a major role for Common and DC comics to push HIP HOP/POP Icons in their movies. Remember, since the days of Christopher Reeves, Superman was their cash cow until Batman with Michael Keaton (I'm speaking films specifically) now Batmans' back with a new movie coming out this year sources say (R.I.P. to Heath Ledger) and the last Superman movie Superman Returns was straight asshole I mean Do......DO, next to Batman Begins. If Common pulls this off he could be partly responsible for the rise of DC comics Movie line and the crossover to more Ethnic characters on the silver screen. Its not just a good role it could be momentous and culture changing.
Black J Brown
Noob

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down