Similar topics

I forgot my password

Glad Barack took SC, but what now???

Go down

Who are you voting for in your staes Primary/Caucuses?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Glad Barack took SC, but what now???

Post by Diva_Bleu on January 28th 2008, 12:40 pm

Barack, all full of the audacity of Hope, brought home South Carolina. But the demographics in SC spell demise for Obama, if it's a model for the rest of the country. The Black vote makes up 55% of the electorate in SC, but that is EXTREMELY disproportionate to the demographics in the rest of our country. That being said, can we only rely on him winning states that have huge minority blocks, and even then, have HUGE voter turnout?

He has also been very reliant on the youth to get out and vote in record numbers. Amazingly, he has done what no other political candidate since the Camelot era has done... mobilize the young people. But what now? The majority of the American vote is still made up of older, White Americans. This means, in simple terms, Barack now has to think beyond the young people and the Black people. He has to think about ALL people... And The truth is, I was a STAUNCH Hillarite just a few years ago, I DEMANDED that she run, so that I could see a woman in office before I died... Then, I read about aspects of her campaign that made me believe she may not be the one for the job. I started leaning toward Obama. I had the audacity of Hope, I wanted badly to see a person of color in office. Then, I read things about his campaign I wasn't happy with either. Now, I lean toward Edwards, tho none have fully swayed me. I do, however, know that a Democrat MUST be elected, because we CANNOT, no matter your race or beliefs, go thru 8 more years of Republican malarchy. Tax cuts for the rich, while I and my family struggle... And then to not be given a true opportunity to join that rich upper-crust... To pay their bills and never be able to reach their status, in a country where men still live comfortably off of the backs of slave labor and where covert slavery threatens to kill us all (America is on the verge of a civil war... only it's not at all the one we think, but i digress) is an attrocity.

Who feels me, here???

Diva_Bleu
True Fan

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down